- non-microphonic, oil-filled capacitor, sealed in a tubular aluminium casing
- aluminium casing has sturdy transparent plastic cover
- smooth, natural and balanced sound, but still punchy
- could make Strats and Teles a bit more "aggressive"
- favoured by some players for "full blown distortion"
- can be used in both guitars and amps (600 volts)
MOD CAPACITORS MAY GIVE P-90 PICKUPS A BIT MORE "BITE" (.033 / .047)
• .001 μF: treble bleed
• .022 μF: humbuckers
• .047 μF: single coils (and basses)
• .100 μF: some basses – some '50s and '60s Fenders
The higher the value and the bigger the capacitor, the darker the tone